The Silk – mill factory of the Etmektzoglou brothers was founded in 1924. It is the first factory that operated in Nea Ionia – the city of the Greek refugees from the Asia Minor – and was closely related to its social and economic life. Today, the equipment of the last phase (1961-1991) of factory’s operation is preserved. In particular, some parts of the steam spinning machines, the old and new drying and sorting out autoclaves, boilers and the weaving mill are preserved in good condition. The museum interoperates with the Library of Nea Ionia, which is housed in the building of the first small factory.
Closed due to Covid 19
Contact tel: 24210 29878, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Admission. Educational activities, group visits 1€/person.